Almost everyone who’s ever spent time with their grandparents can remember the wise words of the matriarch of their family tree: “take your epsom salts to cure all of your ills!” Although, epsom salts certainly don’t work miracles, it’s actually rather incredible how effective this particular product can be when used to combat a variety of minor grievances, ranging from dry skin to greasy hair.
For those who have long relied upon expensive cosmetics to replenish the youthful vibe of their hair or skin, epsom salts may be an attractive alternative option, due largely to the fact that this natural product has been proven to work rejuvenating wonders and is available for a fraction of the price of other popular cosmetic brands.
Although the effects of epsom salt may be apparent for those who have decided to experiment with them, it may take more convincing to appeal to consumers who are easily swayed by mass media. Fortunately, Hollywood A-listers such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Victoria Beckham have publicly stated their support for epsom salts, claiming that these products are largely responsible for their continued youthful appearance and sleek figures.
Epsom Salt is also an excellent tool for those seeking a healing remedy for skin damage caused by either dry conditions or sunburns, among others. When used in combination with other simple or naturally occurring ingredients, such as vaseline and baking soda, epsom salts will ensure that skin remains healthy, soft and attractive.
For those who travel on a regular basis, epsom salts can also be used to help offset the debilitating effects of jet lag. Soaking in an epsom salt bath after a long flight will ensure that the muscles fully relax, helping to promote a restful, deep sleep. As frequent flyers can attest to, severe jet lag can prove to be immensely uncomfortable when trying to maintain your schedule schedule. With epsom salts in hand, however, the recovery process may not be so difficult.
Epsom salts are an everyday item that the majority of consumers have, at some point or another, heard of in casual conversation. That being said, a significantly smaller number of individuals can properly explain what this product is actually used for. Believe it or not, Epsom salt, also known as magnesium sulfate, can be used as an affordable and non-invasive beauty product that may produce significantly positive results for women around the world.
Some of the many uses of Epsom salt include relieving sore muscles, general dermal exfoliation, as well as relieving dry patches of skin. Due to the relative ease in which this product can be obtained, many individuals have further expanded the repertoire of functions that Epsom salts can provide. For example, some beauty experts have claimed that Epsom salts, when mixed in with hair conditioner, can be used to remove excess oils from your hair and, thus, ensure that women or men can enjoy a full-bodied mane.
Epsom salt is also considered a wonderful treatment for dry or cracked lips. Experts recommend that individuals suffering from dry skin mix a small amount of Epsom salt into their preferred vaseline product before applying it to the affected area. Not only will the Epsom salts aid in removing dead skin from the dry area, but it will also ensure that, on a cosmetic level, your lips appear healthy and soft.
For those who may have spent a bit too much time outdoors, Epsom salt can also be used to soothe pains associated with sunburns. Holistic remedy experts advise those seeking a natural sunburn remedy to mix Epsom salt with baking soda and witch hazel and apply the concoction to burned areas of their body. Epsom salt is also a wonderful all-purpose body scrub, and can be used simply by applying the crystals to the skin during the lathering process and then rinsing.
As you can see, there are numerous uses for Epsom salts. As awareness continues to grow regarding the significant impact that this product can have on your overall physical appearance, it is likely that more and more individuals will begin experimenting with Epsom salts in their own homes.
Epsom salt provides a cheap, natural alternative to hundreds of health and beauty products and can add a real boost to your general well-being. Here are our top 10 home remedies:
1. Bath Soak - adding a cup of epsom salt to a warm bath has a whole host of benefits. It boosts magnesium levels in the body, helps relieve stress and headaches and sets you up for a great night's sleep so sit back, relax and enjoy! It even works with kids too!
2. Foot Scrub - mix 4 parts epsom salt with 1 part olive oil and add essential oil for an indulgent exfoliating foot treatment.
3. Foot Soak - relax tired feet by adding a cup of epsom salt to a hot foot soak and soak for around 20 minutes. This treatment can also help to minimize corns.
4. Shower Scrub - for wonderfully smooth skin, scrub in a mix of 2 parts epsom salt to 1 part of warm olive oil.
5. Face Wash - add a tiny amount of epsom salt to your usual facial cleanser.
6. Volumising Hair Treatment - mix equal amounts of conditioner with epsom salt and rub in. Rinse after 20 minutes and leave hair to dry naturally. Or, if you want a quick fix, mix a cup of hot water with 2 tablespoons of epsom salt, half a teaspoon of sea salt, half a teaspoon of conditioner and a teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Spray onto damp hair and scrunch with a towel for a beach-wave effect or, for volume without the waves, spray onto dry hair. You can also add a few drops of essential oil to make it smell really good.
7. Aches & Pains - soak in a warm bath with 2 cups of epsom salt to relieve muscle sprains.
8. Itchy skin - dissolve a tablespoon of epsom salt into half a cup of warm water and leave to cool. Spray onto bites, sunburn and itchy skin for instant relief.
9. Splinters - immerse in concentrated epsom salt water for easy removal. Now you know - no beauty regime is complete without a tub of epsom salt... what are you waiting for?!
Beginning an exploration into the healing powers of epsom salts is as simple as purchasing them from here. We guarantee that you will be surprised just how wonderful you feel after immersing yourself in the wonderfully invigorating world of epsom salts! Have fun!