10 ml Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage oil (Salvia sclarea) is an essential oil derived from a steam distillation of the flowering plant. It's described as having a floral smell by some, but more herby by others, and is most often used to support the hormonal system (usually in women), but it can also be helpful for stress, mood swings, and soothing skin.
- Soothes monthly discomfort associated with menstrual cycles
- Helps balance hormones
- Soothes nervous tension and lightens mood
- Calming and soothing to the skin
But it's also loved for many non-physical uses. It's an oil all about "clarity", giving you the ability to see clearly what is muddled, or to look ahead with vision and clarity at the possibilities.
Because Clary Sage oil is an oil for dispelling confusion and illusion, it's often used on the brow and during meditation, contemplation, or creative work. It can help us see possibilities that we struggle to find when we're lost in our own heads or thoughts and need to tap into something deeper, and can bring light to dark places we're struggling to move through. It helps us to open ourselves to intuition and inner wisdom to be guided by an understanding that is both deeper within and further beyond us.
Precautions of Clary Sage Essential Oil
Use with caution during pregnancy, especially during first trimester or over abdomen, since clary sage can cause uterine contractions. Not for infants or toddlers. Avoid during or after use of alcohol. Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully, and never use an oil in a way not recommended by its maker.
Popular Uses of Clary Sage Essential Oil
- For menstrual discomfort, rub three to five drops on the abdomen.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
- Apply to feet or pulse points to help balance hormones.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine with fractionated coconut oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
- Rub 1 drop of clary sage over the brow as often as every 1-4 hours during creative work.
- To address uncertainty, inhale directly from your hands and rub 1-2 drops over the brow as needed.
- For disconnection, rub 1-2 drops over the brow and/or heart before meditation or periods of relaxation or inner work.
Inspiration for Using Clary Sage Essential Oil
Deodorant Spray: In a glass spray bottle, mix 1/2 cup witch hazel, 1/4 cup aloe vera gel (or juice), 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 10 drops Clary Sage essential oil (one of the most effective deodorant essential oils that has a crisp, refreshing scent). Shake well before use.